Can-Trace at a Glance
Can-Trace at a Glance is intended for those who are:
- considering implementing a traceability system.
- not familiar with traceability or traceability systems but who wish to research what is involved
in implementing such a system.
- looking for a quick reference document on traceability and Can-Trace.
During September and October 2003, Can-Trace conducted a series of consultation sessions across
Canada to gather support for the initiative and to obtain feedback on:
- whether there was a need for a voluntary industry data standard for food product traceability;
- what key data elements a traceability data standard should include;
- the adoption of a common harmonized approach to food product traceability; and
- a strategy or a "roadmap" for achieving the objective.
The result was the publication of the "Roadmap 1" document in December 2003, which laid out step
industry action plan to guide this ambitious undertaking.
Can-Trace is funded in part under the Agricultural
Policy Framework - a federal - provincial - territorial initiative managed by Agriculture and