Help reduce medication errors by providing high-quality standardized images of your products to ensure clear identification of products at the point of dispensation. Forms of Pharmaceutical products include:
What You Get
High-resolution images of packaging levels and components - down to the product or unit of use - to support internal applications and different business processes.
Multiple product views provide a good visual representation for identification and validation capabilities.
Packaging levels and components are:
- Outer packaging - The lowest traded packaging level of the product.
- Inner Packaging - Another packaging inside the outer packaging, if it exists (i.e. pill bottle inside an outer box, wrap over the application unit or blister pack inside a box, etc.)
- Product - The unit of use or application unit (i.e. pill, vial, amp, syringe, inhaler, IV bag, etc.)
- Peel-Back information - images of any peel-back labels on any packaging level.
- Accessories - Any accessories included in the product package.
Sample Pharmaceutical Images
Content Capture and Loading Options
McKesson Canada Central Fill Capture
Currently, Pharmaceutical content is done via McKesson Canada Central Fill Capure.
In 2021, through a unique, collaborative, partnership between the pharmacy community and GS1 Canada, Project Enhanced Data Integrity for Patient Safety is enabling an expedited approach to securing critical pieces of your pharmaceutical data that will be captured on-site at McKesson Canada by GS1 Canada's content capture team.
There are two options available:
- Option 1 (Preferred): Send your product to McKesson. If you select this option, shipping instructions will be sent to you.
- Option 2- Use product from McKesson inventory
Your product will be taken out of McKesson's inventory for image and data capture. McKesson Canada will invoice you for the cost of the product used in the capture process.
If you prefer to make alternate arrangements for content capture, contact your GS1 Canada account manager.
Learn more about our ECCnet Pharmaceutical Content industry-managed solution.