With the implementation of GS1 global supply chain standards, the Healthcare sector can realize almost limitless improvements in operational efficiency and avoid preventable harm to patients.
GS1 global standards help address major challenges identified by the Healthcare sector, including:
- Medication errors, preventable harm and adverse events
- The inability to track and trace medical products throughout the supply chain, from manufacturer to patient record
- Ineffective product recall processes that lack accurate traceability
- Increased risk and resource demands caused by the re-labelling of products with proprietary barcodes
- Non-standardized and inaccurate data preventing system interoperability and increasing errors
- Lack of accurate data to enable analytics