Whether you manufacture, import or sell products in Canada, you need to comply with the Health Canada
regulatory requirements concerning Incident Reports.
An Incident Report is a formal notification of any adverse event involving a consumer product that either
resulted, or may have resulted, in negative health or safety concerns, including death.
Incident Reporting is a requirement of any manufacturer, distributor, or retailer that becomes aware of a
health or safety incident involving a consumer product.
Incident Reports enable Health Canada to identify potential dangers and address hazards. They must be
submitted to Health Canada within two days of the incident, as required by the Canada Consumer
About Incident Reporting
GS1 Canada's Incident Reporting is a value-added tool, available at no additional cost to subscribers of
Canada's Product Recall service for general merchandise.
It enables you to quickly and efficiently submit Incident Reports directly to Health Canada and share
with your trading partners, all from a single location.
Features and Benefits
- 24/7 online functionality
- Receive case and submission numbers from Health Canada within the GS1 system
- Track and report delivery and receipt of incident notifications in real time
- Reduced manual processes with user-friendly system
- Easily retrieve all your past incident reports issued through the system
- Brand protection and assurance for peace of mind
Incident Reporting is available to users of GS1 Canada Product Recall.
To subscribe to Product Recall you need to be a GS1 Canada
subscriber with a valid Company Prefix Licence.
For More Information
Contact GS1 Canada at 1.800.567.7084 or email email@example.com