||Potential Impact to Your Business
|Inaccurate, inconsistent, incomplete and out-of-date data
- Content may be missing important information such as allergens, potentially making consumers sick or even risking lives.
- Trading partners looking for products for health and wellness programs may overlook your products because they don’t know enough about their nutritional merits.
- Customers using third party initiatives like SmartLabel® may not be aware that your products meet their specific needs.
|Inefficient manual processes
- Lost time repeating the same processes with each different trading partner’s proprietary formats even though the information being shared is essentially the same.
- Each time information is shared the risk of error increases – particularly if information needs to be re-entered.
|Trading partners using incorrect information about your products
- Lost sales caused by trading partners or consumers not knowing about changes to the nutritional profile of your products.
- Danger to consumers and patients when allergens are added to a product formulation without adequate visibility.
|Lack of ability to track changes in product content over time
- Difficulty in determining whether your product information complies with current trading partner and regulatory requirements, especially if those requirements change.
- Laborious manual processes to track different product content versions and uncertainty over which product version a particular set of data attributes belongs to.