Product Certification - eCommerce Content
As Canadian consumers do more of their shopping online, building consumer trust through reliable online data
Inaccurate data or misleading images can lead to lost sales, costly product returns, liability issues and
Product Certification helps brand owners to review and certify all eCommerce content to ensure trading
partners have access to the 100% accurate and complete eCommerce content used to give consumers the same
experience online that they would have in-store.
The rigour of the certification process provides content that is used to enhance a consumer’s online
experience, enabling trading partners to build stronger consumer relationships, decrease costly product
returns and encourage repeat sales, while protecting brand integrity and safeguarding against reputational
Product Certification delivers:
- The ability to add supplementary content that goes beyond the label including:
- Additional marketing claims (including romance copy)
- Customer-friendly product descriptions
- Automatic access to The Vault – eCommerce, where eCommerce content can be viewed, downloaded and
shared between trading partners
- Access to nutritional and pharmaceutical content certification processes (if needed) at no extra
certification cost. Find out how to register
for additional content solutions
How to Get Access to Product Certification
To certify eCommerce content in Product Certification, you will need to register for the ECCnet eCommerce
Content solution by registering for The Vault – eCommerce.
If you are a manufacturer, brand owner or other data provider, registering for this
solution will enable you to.
- Certify your content through the Product Certification tool
- View, download and share your eCommerce content with trading partners through the Vault -eCommerce
- Schedule product images and data to be captured through the Content Capture Service Request tool
- Register for the SmartLabel™ Extract tool, enabling
you to download extracts of your certified content already optimized for conversion into SmartLabel™
If you are a retailer or other data recipient, registering for this solution will
enable you to.
- View and download eCommerce content from your trading partners through the Vault - eCommerce.
If you have already registered to Product Certification through either the Nutritional or
Pharmaceutical Content solutions, there are no additional costs to certify your eCommerce content. This does
not include any associated costs for content capture or image maintenance fees.
How to Register for ECCnet eCommerce Content
- Go to the online registration
form, using your myGS1 credentials to log in as you go
- Select The Vault – eCommerce on the form and confirm your company type. If you have not previously
done so, you will need to accept the Platform Agreement
- Within one business day, you will receive an email containing your Vault – eCommerce credentials
Educational resources are available in The Learning
Zone to help with your setup.