Product Certification - Pharmaceutical Content
To support the Healthcare and Pharmacy sector’s zero-tolerance approach to medication error, it is
essential that healthcare workers dispensing medication have access to 100% accurate and complete
The product certification process enables brand owners to ensure that images of their products clearly
correct shapes, colours and markings and certify that associated pharmaceutical data is complete and
With this content, healthcare workers can check that the medication being dispensed is the correct
every time, helping reduce risk to patients and consumers.
Providing certified pharmaceutical content at the unit-of-use level and committing to ensuring ongoing
content updates builds stronger relationships with clinical and dispensing staff from organizations
ECCnet Pharmaceutical Content, providing peace of mind and a primary source of truth for confirming
Product Certification delivers:
- Clear professional pharmaceutical images that capture identifying marks and colours, captured
through GS1 Canada
Content Capture processes, facilitating easy identification of oral solids.
- Trading partners are notified as soon as updates to content are made, ensuring that they always
have access to the most accurate product data available
- Access to eCommerce and nutritional content certification processes (if needed) at no extra
certification cost. Find out how to
register for additional content solutions
How to Get Access to Product Certification
To certify pharmaceutical content in Product Certification, you will need to register for the ECCnet
Pharmaceutical Content solution.
If you have already registered to Product Certification through either the eCommerce or Nutritional
Content solutions, there are no additional costs to certify your Pharmaceutical content. This does not
include any associated costs for content capture or image maintenance fees.
How to Register for ECCnet Pharmaceutical Content
- Have your GS1 Canada Administrator set you up as a Product Certification Administrator in myGS1.
They will need to add you to ECCnet ProSYNC, make you a Super-User and then add the Product
Certification Administrator – Pharmaceutical role to your ProSYNC profile.
- You will receive a confirmation email containing further instructions, including a link to the
registration form. If you are not already on myGS1, you will also receive an email with instructions
on how to set up your profile.
- Complete the online form. You will receive an email notification that Product Certification as been
added to the tools available to you in myGS1.
If you did not receive or have lost the link to the registration form, click the applicable link below.
Only Product Certification Administrators will be able to complete the process.