Today’s consumer is a savvier, more informed consumer, looking for products that align with their values or
requirements and contribute to their health and well-being.
Food & Consumer Products of Canada's (FCPC) SmartLabel™
initiative leverages smart devices and other means, to help brand owners offer consumers
about hundreds of product attributes, such as nutrition and ingredients as well as facts that go well beyond the
label like environmental, religious and sustainability factors.
GS1 Canada can help brand owners participate in SmartLabel™ through our value-added service SmartLabel™
The smarter and cost-effective way to create SmartLabel™ pages
Built in response to feedback from our user community, GS1 Canada’s SmartLabel™ Extract is available to
with certified Nutritional Content at no
By leveraging the investment already made in certifying bilingual content, which is stored in the ECCnet
brand owners can get started quickly and easily realizing the benefits of SmartLabel™ today.
- GS1 Canada’s commitment to data excellence ensures bilingual product data is perpetually
updated and 100% accurate and complete, helping to build trust between trading partners.
- SmartLabel™ Extract contains only your bilingual, certified data, meaning that only the data you
approved will appear in your extracts.
- SmartLabel™ Extract also automatically updates as you certify new content, perpetually cleansing
updating your data with each new extract.
- SmartLabel™ Extract helps you save time and simplify the SmartLabel™ process by leveraging the
have already certified and extracting it in a format ready for use in SmartLabel™ style sheets.
- You can also get your SmartLabel™ Extract in a format to suit your needs, including downloadable
an API feed.
Canadian Industry Expertise
- Have confidence in GS1 Canada’s industry knowledge and expertise gained over 40 years of
- Our SmartLabel™ Extract feature is offered in collaboration with industry needs and tailored to
requirements of Food & Consumer Products of Canada’s SmartLabel™ initiative. SmartLabel™
updated as needed to remain synchronized to any changes to the initiative as a whole.
- GS1 global standards create a common language to identify, capture, share and use data, ensuring
information is accessible, accurate and easy to understand.
- Ensure brand consistency and data quality by sharing standardized product data with multiple
partners, ensuring interoperability across systems, as well as visibility and traceability
entire supply chain.
Getting Started with SmartLabel™ Extract
SmartLabel™ Extract requires that you have already certified your content through the ECCnet
In order to register you will need to be a GS1 Canada subscriber in
and agree to the GS1 Canada Platform Service Agreement (if you have not already).
Once you have fully registered, you will receive notification to access
SmartLabel™ Extract through the â€˜My Tools’ section of your myGS1 homepage.
Extract and organize your already-certified product data in a format
integration into SmartLabel™ templates – making it faster and easier to create consumer-facing
the highest level of data quality.
Need Help Creating Your SmartLabel™ Pages?
GS1 Canada’s SmartLabel™ Qualified Solution Partner program can help you connect with qualified solution partners
who receive SmartLabel™ extracts on your behalf and turn them into consumer-facing webpages that are compliant
To learn more about how the Qualified Solution Partner program works, go to www.gs1ca.org/solution-providers/ or contact GS1 Canada at 1.800.567.7084 for help in locating qualified solution partners.